OdiBets Kenya is a bookmaker which was established in 2018. The company is owned by Kareco Holdings Limited. In order to receive bets in real time from players via the official websites and mobile programs, the company has obtained a license from the BCLB (Betting Control and Licensing Board). The company’s activities are carried out in accordance with the requirements set out in the Betting, Lotteries and Gaming Act, Cap 131, Laws of Kenya under License No. 0000116).
The bookmaker’s customers can:
- place bets on sports
- bet on esports
- try out bonuses, promotions and much more
In order to encourage customers to use the site, the company offers free bets as part of the loyalty scheme. To take advantage of the offer, customers need to set up a user account.
How to set up an account with OdiBets Kenya
There are 2 ways to set up a user account with the betting company:
- using your mobile number (SMS)
- via the website (complete the form with your personal details)
How to create an account using your mobile number
In order to set up a user account via SMS, you need to complete the following steps:
- send a text message to 29680 with “Odibets” in the body of the message
- send the request and, in a couple of seconds, you will receive confirmation that an account has been opened
- reply to the SMS stating a PIN and password – you will use these to log in to your account in future
The management would like customers to use long and complex passwords to ensure there are no issues with account hacking. In the event that they lose their username and password, these can be reset through the official website or from a mobile.
How to open an account on the betting site
Go to the betting company’s official website and then select the “Registration” menu.
The button is in the top right-hand corner. The system automatically switches to the page on which you need to enter your personal details. Enter the following information into the form to create a user account: username, password and repeated password.
After you have confirmed your registration on the website, you will receive a message about verification. You will need to provide more personal details in My Account (otherwise you won’t be able to withdraw any money). In the “About me” menu, you need to add the following:
- Contact details. Mobile number, email address, usernames for messengers.
- Personal details. Date of birth, gender, full name, etc.
How to find and use the OdiBets app
You won’t find any information about mobile betting options on the official OdiBets Kenya website. It is indicated that at the moment:
- customers cannot download an app on Android smartphones, phones and tablets
- iOS apps have not been created
- the software for laptops and PCs is in the development stage
However, it says that that customers can access the website with mobile devices and place online bets on the available sports.
The website has been optimized to be used even on old devices with old versions of software. There won’t be any glitches and the website won’t freeze.
There is no indication as to the time frame in which the app will be available for download from the official website.
Bonuses from OdiBets Kenya
The loyalty scheme includes several offers:
- welcome bonus
- cashback when you lose
- bonuses for regular bets with the bookmaker
If a customer agrees to participate in a promotion, the option to withdraw money from their account will be blocked for the duration of the promotion. Let’s take a look to see whether placing bets “for free” is worthwhile.
Terms of the welcome bonus at Odibets
Customers get 30 Kenyan shillings as a welcome bonus. The money cannot be withdrawn straight away. First, the conditions of the OdiBets Kenya loyalty scheme need to be met.
Cashback when you lose
The company refunds up to 30% of customers’ total losses. For example, a customer decides to place single bets but loses 10,000 roubles. If the bets meet the conditions of the loyalty scheme, the betting company refunds up to 3,000 roubles to the account. This does not recoup all the losses, but it does compensate for part of the loss.
Bonuses on regular bets
Customers who place bets every day receive additional benefits:
- +150% on their deposit
- 7 MB data
- 7 free SMS messages
- there are lotteries with valuable prizes every day
On the “Promo” page, customers can find free bets, special offers for making deposits every day, and more. When one offer expires, a new offer replaces it.
How can you get your hands on the jackpot?
OdiBets Kenya does not offer tote betting (jackpot). There is no information about it on the official website. However, in the “Promo” section, customers have the option of placing online bets to be in with a chance of winning big. Depending on the conditions of the offer, the winnings for bets on tennis, hockey, rugby, boxing, combat sports and others can be high.
In July 2018, news that a customer placed a bet for 15,000 Kenyan shillings and won over 830,000 was released.
The odds and selection of markets on Kenyan Odibets
Which sports are worth placing bets on and which ones are better left alone? The company offers football, tennis, ice hockey, rugby, cricket, American football, boxing, snooker and baseball markets. The maximum profit you can get from your bets is limited to 1,000,000 Kenyan shillings.
Odibets betting company’s margin depends on the event and the request dates. In general, the company keeps 2-5% and you can see odds up to 1.98 to 1.98 (for two-way bets) in the sportsbook. Customers have access to more than 1,000 markets in the Live section. The minimum stake is 1 Kenyan shilling.
The company focuses on working with different sports. This means that, at the Kenyan bookmaker, customers CANNOT:
- use a live casino in real-time mode
- gamble in a casino (slot games, slot machines)
- try out placing free bets on virtual sports
- win in lotteries (lotto)
- spend time on TV games
These forms of entertainment can be found at other Kenyan bookmakers.
Topping up an Odibets account
The company suggests using M-Pesa. The customer will need to:
- log in to their account with the Kenyan bookmaker
- press the “Deposit” button and enter the amount, confirm it
- wait to receive confirmation on their mobile phone
The customer may also use another method if necessary:
- go to M-Pesa and select Lipa on M-Pesa
- click on “Pay invoice”
- send a message to 290680 and include “ODI” in the body of the text and write out the total for payment (without punctuation marks or commas)
- enter the PIN on M-PESA, check again and send the request
After this, confirmation of the transaction will be sent to the customer’s mobile phone number.
How to request a withdrawal?
In order to withdraw funds from Odibets, customers need to send a message which reads “W#amount” to 29680. The request should be sent from the number linked to their account (i.e. the one that was entered during registration!).
A withdrawal can also be requested in My Account. In order to do so, customers need to:
- use a computer or mobile device to visit the official website, OdiBets.com
- click on “Log in” to log in to their Odibets account
- complete the fields to log in (username + password)
- press the “Withdraw” button in the top corner
- enter their first name and surname (if required)
- fill in the form and enter the withdrawal amount (the minimum amount that can be withdrawn is 100 Kenyan shillings)
- click on “Request withdrawal” and confirm the request
Next, the transaction needs to be confirmed by the Security Department at Odibets. The management ensures that funds appear in customers’ accounts instantly. The maximum amount that can be paid out is 1,000,000 Kenyan shillings (the company simply will not allow customers to withdraw any more than this). Please note that the payment system may take additional commission.
If customers have any questions about the bet settlement process on Odibets, they can:
- call the telephone hotline on 0709 183 680
- send an enquiry via My Account
- send a message to the official community https://www.facebook.com/OdiBetsKenya
- send an enquiry to https://twitter.com/odibets
- subscribe to Odibets at https://www.instagram.com/odibets/
There is no live chat option on the website.
Advantages and disadvantages of Odibets
In Kenya, there are companies which offer high odds and lucrative bets on tennis, hockey, boxing and combat sports. The loyalty scheme at Odibets includes more than 10 special offers on bets, deposits and withdrawals.
There are some disadvantages too. People say that the FAQ section is not very good. Odibets does not offer the option to download an official app for betting on your favorite sports.
Give it a go and open an account to find out for yourself what the company is like!