Kwikbet is a Kenyan bookmaker operated by SOLAMI Limited. The company is licensed by the Betting Control and Licensing Board of Kenya (BCLB) under the Betting, Lotteries and Gaming Act, Cap 131, Laws of Kenya BCLB NO: BK0000061. The betting website can be found at https://kwikbet.co.ke/.
Kenyan customers are invited to open an account and make a deposit in order to take advantage of the company’s services. Tennis, ice hockey, volleyball, field hockey, chess, table tennis, and many other sports can all be found on the company’s website. There is also a tote betting section (super accumulator, TOTO). Customers are awarded bonuses for registering and for gambling regularly.
To start placing online bets on a range of sports, customers need to create an account.
How to register on Kwikbet
Players can open a Kwikbet account with the Kenyan bookmaker in either of the following ways:
- on the betting websiteco.ke
- via SMS
By opening an account, customers automatically agree to the company’s terms and conditions. They also need to confirm that they are over 18 when they register on Kwikbet. Those under the age of 18 cannot create an account with the betting company. Even if an underage person manages to open an account, it will be detected upon verification.
Opening an account on the Kwikbet sports betting website
- Go to the home page of the official website
- click on the “Join now” button, which is located in the upper-right corner of the screen
- the website will redirect the user to a new page with a form to fill in
- enter the information: mobile number, password, confirm password, promo code for a bonus
- click on “Register” to open the account
An SMS with further instructions will be sent to the phone number provided during registration on Kwikbet.
Opening an account via SMS
The customer needs to send an SMS to 29020 with the codeword “Kwikbet”. The system will automatically send the customer a username and password that they can use to log in to their account. The password can be changed later.
However, creating an account on the Kwikbet website isn’t the only thing customers need to do. To place sports bets and use bonuses, customers also need to make a deposit.
Mobile apps for sports betting
Kwikbet has only recently appeared on the Kenyan market. The website is still fairly new and apps for iOS and Android are yet to be developed. However, customers can access the official website from their smartphone or tablet, log in to their account, and start betting. If you haven’t registered with the bookmaker yet, you can do so using your mobile device, then top up your account, and enjoy online sports betting.
Bonuses and offers from Kwikbet in Kenya
There isn’t a “Promo” section on the official website. The company’s Customer Service team has pointed out that the company is focused on providing the most favorable odds for a variety of sports. Kenyan players can:
- have a go at predicting the outcomes of tennis, football, hockey, basketball, and other sports matches
- watch live streams of sports events
- find out more about virtual sports
- keep an eye on both live and pre-match odds
- try out the “Jackpot” (tote betting, TOTO)
Betting is not offered for:
- live casino
- TV games
- lotteries (lotto)
There are a limited number of opportunities to win. However, participating in jackpot draw gives players a chance to win up to 1,000,000 Kenyan shillings. The FAQ section of the website mentions that bets can be placed by SMS.
How to hit the Kwikbet jackpot
There’s a section on the website called “Jackpot” which offers customers classic tote betting (TOTO). Draws are held weekly. Players are given a bet slip with a fixed number of events for which they have to make predictions. The more correct predictions they make, the greater their chances of winning. The bookmaker notifies customers of draw results by SMS.
How to top up an account on Kwikbet
To place online bets and take advantage of all the services the company has to offer, customers need to make a deposit. To do this, they can use the M-Pesa payment system:
- go to M-Pesa using a mobile device and select the Paybill section
- enter the number “290028”, as well as their Kwikbet account number
- enter the amount they wish to deposit
- enter their M-Pesa PIN and click “Send”
- wait for SMS confirmation
- use the credited funds to place bets on various sports and take advantage of the company’s offers
Funds are deposited instantly and with no commission. This payment system can also be used to withdraw winnings.
How to withdraw funds from Kwikbet
The M-Pesa payment system can be used to withdraw winnings. According to the company management, the process is instant. To make a withdrawal, customers need to go to their profile, click on “Transaction history”, enter the amount they wish to withdraw, and confirm it. There is also an option to make a withdrawal via SMS. To do so, customers need to send a text message to 29028 in the following format: “withdraw#amount”. Confirmation of the transaction will follow.
The minimum withdrawal amount is 50 Kenyan shillings. If funds are insufficient, customers need to place more bets and increase their winnings. Players who participate in the loyalty program cannot make withdrawals until they meet the bonus requirements.
The fee for making a withdrawal from Kwikbet depends on the amount being withdrawn:
15 KSh for a withdrawal of 50 to 1,000 shillings;
25 KSh for a withdrawal of 1,001 to 2,500 shillings;
33 KSh for a withdrawal of 2,501 to 70,000.
Before making a withdrawal, customers must go through a verification procedure (confirm their identity). This can be done in the customer’s account.
Sports and available betting markets
All the main sports can be found on the website’s home page. Customers can place bets using desktops, tablets, mobile phones, and even via SMS! The menu on the left-hand side contains:
- American football. Customers are offered a selection of Canadian and American leagues.
- Basketball. In this section, customers can bet on match outcomes, quarter results and total points.
- Boxing. Kwikbet offers betting on both non-title and title bouts (men’s and women’s).
- Cricket. Customers can bet on both Australian and international competitions.
- Handball. Norwegian, Austrian, German, Danish, and French championships are all available for betting.
- Rugby. Customers can place bets on Rugby League matches (via the website or SMS).
- Football. There’s a wide selection of both national and international football leagues to place bets on, including “UEFA Europa League”, “UEFA Champions League”, “La Liga”, “Bundesliga”, and many others.
- Tennis. Kwikbet customers can place bets on qualifying draws and major tournaments.
The bookmaker gives players the opportunity to participate in the so-called “Kwikbet League” which offers higher odds and a chance to make a lot of money on live streams. Any questions about bet settlement or the crediting of winnings can be directed to the online Customer Support team by:
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- calling the hotline on 0709332028 (available 24/7)
- sending a tweet on Twitter (https://twitter.com/kwikbet_kenya)
- posting in the Kwikbet group on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Kwikbet)
So, is it worth opening an account on the official Kwikbet website or via SMS? The bookmaker has the necessary license and permissions to provide betting services, but at the moment there aren’t enough detailed instructions to help customers use the service. On the website, there aren’t any links to download mobile apps, nor is there a live chat feature. The administrators have offered their assurances that the website is being developed and that customers will soon have access to a professional service. For now, the company is continuing to attract bettors with its high odds and wide range of events.