Chezacash is a bookmaker operating under the authorization of the BCLB (Betting Control and Licensing Board of Kenya) in accordance with the Betting, Lotteries and Gaming Act, Cap 131, Laws of Kenya under License number: 801. The company accepts live and pre-match online sports bets, offers bonuses for series of bets and registration, and provides match and league statistics. Customers can win a jackpot of KES 2 million simply by predicting the results of seven games. The currency used for depositing funds and withdrawing profit is the Kenyan shilling (KES). This is also the currency used to place bets.
Chezacash adheres to a policy intended to safeguard Kenyan players against financial drain and prevent gambling addiction. For this reason, the maximum stake amount is limited to KES 20,000 per bet slip. If a customer feels that sports betting is “taking hold”, they can write to the company’s management and request to be self-excluded from gambling.
After registering an account on the sports betting website, customers must undergo an identity verification check. Only adults (over the age of 18) are permitted to participate in the games. To confirm their account (verify it), customers need to provide copies of documents that prove their identity: driving license, passport, etc. The sports betting website can be found at https://chezacash.com. There are also mobile apps.
Opening an account with Chezacash: How to create a user account
To place online sports bets on football, tennis, hockey, etc., bettors need to:
- register on the website
- confirm their user account
- make a deposit (they can expect to receive a bonus after registration)
Registering a user account on the sports betting website
Customers need to:
- visit the betting company’s official website
- click the “Register” button located in the top-right corner
- provide a mobile phone number in international format
- click “OK” and proceed to a new page to provide their personal details
- receive a secret confirmation code on their mobile device
After entering the code, they will be able to sign in to their user account to make a deposit and place online bets on football, games of chance or other sports.
Opening an account via SMS
Customers can create a user account on Chezacash from a mobile device (phone, smartphone, tablet). To do this, they need to:
- visit the ChezaCash.com sports betting website on a mobile device
- send the word “WIN” in an SMS message to 29030
- receive the “keys” to their user account (password, login, username, PIN code, Chezacash paybill number 290030)
- log in to their account to make a deposit, take advantage of the first deposit bonus offer or place online sports bets (single or accumulator)
When their personal account is ready, they will need to verify it, i.e. confirm their identity. Only after doing this will they be able to withdraw any profit.
Promotions: What to expect from Chezacash
Kenyan players can find the “Promo” tab on the homepage. After clicking the button, the Chezacash site switches to a page showing any current bonus offers. What can be expected?
- Karibu Bonus. This bonus is available to new users who make a deposit of a minimum of KES 200. They must stake this amount on the sports betting website on a single bet with minimum odds of 2.5 or an accumulator of at least five selections with minimum odds of 2.0 per event. If successful, they could receive up to KES 10,000 for sports bets.
- Deposit Bonus. This bonus is offered to customers who have topped up their account (deposited funds). Kenyan players can get a free bet worth KES 30. To be eligible for this, they need to top up their account with a minimum of KES 200 and place an accumulator on five games with minimum odds of 1.5. If successful, they could expect to receive up to KES 10,000. However, it is important to place bets that meet the requirements!
- Bet Sare Bonus. This bonus offer is available to those with both existing and new user accounts. In simple terms, a customer receives the promotional amount when they stake KES 50 on five bets.
- Vuta Friend Bonus. This “refer a friend” promotion earns customers a KES 30 deposit top-up.
- Multibet Bonus. This bonus offered by the betting company involves a refund of some of the money lost on unsuccessful accumulator bets.
Kenyan players value the bookmaker’s bonus offers. However, before agreeing to the terms of a promotion, it is worth reviewing the conditions for receiving money.
Topping up an account on Chezacash: How to make a deposit
The number of connected payment systems is minimal. Customers can use M-Pesa’s Paybill service. To deposit funds and place bets online, they need to:
- access M-Pesa on a mobile device
- enter the number 290030 in the transaction window
- enter “Chezacash” in the account name/number field
- specify the amount by which they intend to top up the account
- wait to receive an SMS message from M-Pesa confirming the transaction
Kenyan players say that the funds are transferred into the account quickly. Transactions show up in the history. It is convenient that users can go to their personal account and:
- see a statement of online bets (crediting of profits, refunds, or write-off of losses)
- track deposits and withdrawals of funds
- find out about bonus offers credited to the account
It is convenient that bets are displayed in real time on Chezacash. If a bet has been placed, it is already visible in the history.
Ways of withdrawing money and receiving winnings on Chezacash
Customers can withdraw profit only if there are no “outstanding” bonuses. Otherwise, they will have to meet the requirements of the loyalty program and then make a request to withdraw funds. Chezacash follows a simple rule: wherever the top-up originated from is also where withdrawals of any profit must be transferred, i.e. Kenyan players have to use M-Pesa.
Before withdrawing any funds, the customer must undergo verification, i.e. identity confirmation. To do this, the customer will need to access their user account, complete the “Personal details” section and upload photos of identification documents (passport, driving license, etc.). Verification takes up to 24 hours from when the documents are uploaded.
NOTE: Chezacash may deduct a fee (10% of the payment amount) if funds are withdrawn from a deposit. This may happen in cases where a customer creates a user account but does not use it to place bets. To avoid being charged the fee, the customer must place bets.
For withdrawals of more than KES 100,000, the betting company carries out a comprehensive check and additional documents may be required.
It is easy to withdraw money from a personal account via SMS: send an SMS message containing “W#PIN#amount to withdraw” to 29030.
Replace “PIN” with the account’s PIN code. Next, specify the amount to withdraw. The money will be transferred to the M-Pesa account.
Customers can also submit withdrawal requests on the Chezacash website, which can be accessed from a PC or a mobile device. The requirements for withdrawing winnings are almost the same as in other companies.
Official website and mobile app
It would be convenient for Kenyan players to place bets on games and sports via mobile apps. However, the betting company has not released any such software on Android or iOS. If customers would like to place an online bet, they can do this on the website after activating their user account and logging in to their account.
Chezacash management insists that there are no differences between the main version and the mobile version of the website. Both on the main version and on the mobile version, customers can:
- win a jackpot
- take advantage of bonuses
- check the statistics on tennis, hockey and other sports
- find out the results of bets they’ve placed
- place single and accumulator bets (so far, these are the only types of bet available)
- watch live online broadcasts of events
- contact technical support
- read the terms of any promotions and bonus offers
Before logging on to Chezacash, registering and getting started with betting, review the rules.
Online sports bets: Types and options
There aren’t many betting options. The betting company offers two types of bet:
- SINGLE. A single bet for which the payout is determined by multiplying the amount staked by the odds of the outcome.
- MULTI. Online sports bets which are calculated in a similar way to accumulators.
To place a bet, the customer needs to click on the odds next to the favored outcome and add this to the bet slip (on the right-hand side of the website). Then, they proceed to confirming the bet. They need to specify the amount, check the odds and markets, and then click the “Place bet” button.
People who place bets on Chezacash can try events from the worlds of tennis, basketball, cricket, rugby, etc. The range includes major international tournaments as well as small events. On Chezacash, there are bets on handball, volleyball, American football, ice hockey, pesäpallo, water polo or boxing.
There is a wide choice of markets. To see the full list of markets on an event, the customer just needs to click on its name. Kenyan players can try different betting options, such as betting on the winner (outcome), betting on the correct score, over/under bets and handicap bets. There is also the option to select results for halves/quarters/innings. People who wish to win a jackpot can try out a betting strategy on matches in Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga and the UEFA Europa League. There is also the option to place bets on games in Argentina, Bangladesh, Austria, Belarus, Bolivia and Brazil.
NOTE: Customers can win a jackpot of up to KES 2 million if they bet on the seven eligible events within the bonus program.
Resolving issues on bet settlement and user account verification
To get in touch with Chezacash representatives, customers can:
- write in the online chat (this is located in the bottom-right corner and allows issues related to bet settlement, crediting of profit, loss write-off and use of promotions to be quickly resolved)
- send an enquiry on social media (https://www.facebook.com/ChezaCash, https://twitter.com/ChezaCash, https://www.instagram.com/chezacash/)
- call 0709-978-000
Advantages and disadvantages of betting with Chezacash
Chezacash offers a wide selection of bets on sports. Odds can be found up to 1.98/1.98 (if you are lucky).
The advantages of betting with Chezacash are:
- the brand is licensed and operates legitimately
- customers can place bets on 20+ types of sport
- it has a wide choice of markets
- it has a long list of events
- it offers good bonuses and jackpots
However, there are also disadvantages. It seems that it is not possible to place bets via the mobile app. It also appears that arbitrage betting is not permitted. And apparently, Chezacash bets can get cancelled. But those are not the main issues. You have to remember that:
- bets can get settled as a refund
- there are no casino games
- no lotteries are available
- there are no esports
- virtual sports betting is not offered
- there is no live casino
- the design of the Chezacash website is “stuck in the past”
- user account verification takes too long
Bet with Chezacash or choose another betting company? This bookmaker is growing and developing. The choice of sports is not as wide as its closest competitors. However, it is possible to find bets with increased odds in the Chezacash range.
For Kenya, Chezacash is considered to be a decent, promising bookmaker.